Business Management 6N4310
In this QQI Level 6 Business Management course, the learner will learn about a range of organisations in Ireland from Sole Traders, Private and Public organisations, Partnerships, Co-Operatives, and Franchises to Multinational and Transnational companies. They will also learn about company mission statements, visions, their objectives and structures.
They will learn how to conduct a SWOT analysis in an organisation, examining the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities the organisation faces and they will also learn about external factors that impact the organisation by completing a PEST analysis.
Learners of this Level 6 course, will also be taught how organisations manage and adopt to changing business environments and will also learn about the role of management in organisations in terms of planning, controlling and measuring performance within an organisation. They will learn about the different leadership styles and their impact on both groups and individuals in the organisation and about the Human Resources function and the key role it has within an organisation.
Topics covered include:
- Types of Organisation
- Organisation Structure
- Organisation Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Micro Environment
- Macro Environment (PEST)
- The Manager’s Role
- Managing People
- Managing Information
- Managing Finance
- Motivating Staff
- Recruiting Staff
- Interviewing Skills
- Appraising Staff
- Managing Conflict
- Training & Development
- Report Writing
- Time Management
- Project Management
- E-mail & the Internet
Who should complete this course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed Managers and Supervisors who wish to learn how to manage people and teams.
- Managers in business who have to make direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques for managing people.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter through distance learning.
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Business Management (6N4310).
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.