The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to perform audio transcription tasks, using a range of input devices, to produce mailable standard documents.
- Examine the function and operation of an audio transcription unit
- Examine appropriate layout, stationery and style of display for a range of documents
- Use business and or vocationally specific vocabulary and terminology correctly
- Apply appropriate formatting to the layout of audio transcribed documents
- Carry out audio transcription in conjunction with an input device to produce accurate and fluent text
- Implement implicit, explicit and dictated transcription instructions
- Exercise initiative and resourcefulness when performing audio transcription tasks
- Proof read documents using appropriate correcting techniques, amending any errors as appropriate
Assessment: This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
Skills Demonstration 50%
Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Audio Transcription 5N1549
QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.
Course is delivered using a flexible study format. Students can study from home, in centre with our team of tutors or a combination of both.
The total course fees for this course are €395. This includes all course materials, exam fees and certification.
Or call our team on 066 712 9828
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 15 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 241
- Assessments Yes