The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out general hotel front office duties under direction.
- Describe the structure of the Irish hotel industry
Outline hotel grading systems and related customer expectations
Describe the role of the front office within the hotel and the wider tourism and hospitality sector
Summarise the principles of hospitality, communications and customer care
Outline the role of the front office in selling hotel facilities
Describe the different categories of room rates and how these are established
List the key aspects of legislation and regulations relevant to hotel front office operations
Administer all routine stages of the guest cycle under direction including enquiries, reservations, check-in, in-stay, check-out and post check-out
- Complete routine property management system (PMS) tasks
- Use a word processing package for basic business communications, including routine correspondence, menus and notices
- Liaise with other hotel departments in relation to customer requirements including arrival and
departure lists, change of rooms, food and beverage requirements, special needs, feedback and room configuration
- Use appropriate up selling and cross selling techniques
- Use billing and payment procedures under direction
- Handle fraudulent activities using hotel policy and procedures
- Demonstrate appropriate personal presentation, professional attitude, teamwork and friendly,
- Demonstrate respect for diversity in lifestyles, religion, ability and culture among fellow workers and guests
- Demonstrate good hygiene, health and safety practices in compliance with current legislation and
Assessment: This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Skills Demonstration 80%
Examination – Theory 20%
Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 4 component Certificate in Hotel Front Office Operations (4N0623)
QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.
Course is delivered using a flexible study format. Students can study from home, in centre with our team of tutors or a combination of both.
The total course fees for this course are €325. This includes all course materials, exam fees and certification.
Or call our team on 066 712 9828
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 25 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 34
- Assessments Yes