The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the range of medial terminology applicable and relevant specifically to a medical receptionist or secretarial role in a medical practice, clinic and or hospital context.
Learners will be able to:
- Examine a range of medical terminology required by a medical receptionist or secretary within a general medical practice and or specialist medical practice context
- Explore current relevant legislation regarding Health Services in Ireland
- Describe the sources of information available to the medical receptionist or secretary
- Examine the importance of using correct medial terminology in communicating with patients and medial practitioners
- Apply medical pronunciation and spelling correctly
- Define medical abbreviations used in medical investigations and diagnosis
- Define medical terminology associated with the medical specialities carried out in a large general hospital
- Define medical terms used in medical reports and summaries
- Use correct medical terminology in a wide range of specialities; when dealing with both patients and medial practitioners
- Assemble and prepare X-ray reports
- Prepare final medical reports; ensuring the use of appropriate terminology, language and format
Assessment: This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
Skills demonstration 50%
Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate in Medical Terminology 5N2428
QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.
Course is delivered using a flexible study format. Students can study from home, in centre with our team of tutors or a combination of both.
The total course fees for this course are €895. This includes all course materials, exam fees and certification.
Or call our team on 066 712 9828
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 745
- Assessments Yes