Personal and Professional Development
Learners will be able to:
- Evaluate the principles and practice of personal development
- Identify the personal qualities and skills needed for effective participation in a chosen job or organisation, to include opportunities for further personal development and associated action plans
- Assess the role and practice of time management to include aids and strategies for good time management, the impact of poor time management and own personal time management behaviour
- Research the processes of problem-solving and decision-making, to include different approaches, strategies to handle difficult problems, contingency plans, and methods of implementing and evaluating a solution
- Analyse the uses of goals or objectives, to include their characteristics, the role of planning and prioritization, a range of tools and strategies to assist with achieving personal, civic or vocational goals or objectives, and the role of review and evaluation
- Evaluate how organisations manage change, to include information, communication, analysis of the forces behind change, motivating staff and other partners, and handling reactions to change
- Determine strategies to resolve personal or interpersonal conflict, to include an understanding of different personalities and how they react to conflict, common causes of conflict and the role of assertiveness and co-operation in conflict resolution
- Link goals or objectives to available budgets and financial plans, to include periodic review and adaptation of resources to plans
- Delegate tasks to others, to include appropriate planning, identification of skills and strengths in others, review and management of any issues arising
- Respond appropriately to feedback and constructive criticism on personal performance
- Use strategies to recognise and cope with stress, setback and workplace pressure
- Reflect on own personal and professional development to include goal or objective-setting, action planning, implementation, ongoing review, personal initiative.
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Portfolio/Collection of Work 50%
Skills demonstration 50%
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 6 component Certificate Personal and professional development 6N1949
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.