Principles and Practice of Selling 5N2062
In this QQI Level 5 sales course, the learner will learn about the basic philosophy of selling and what stages of the consumer decision making process each buyer goes through as well as the 6 stages of the selling process. The concept of personality will also be examined, looking at the Myers & Briggs personality theory.
The learner will also learn about questioning techniques that can be used in the selling process and what questions are best to lead a customer to a sale while developing a positive rapport with that customer.
During this level 5 course, the learner will examine post sales activities to build a long-term loyal relationship with customers and will learn how to complete a competitive analysis on competing products. Learners will learn how to handle objections customers may make and will also learn a range of techniques to close a sale. Learners will also examine the sales legislation in place.
Topics covered include:
- Nature and role of selling
- Characteristics of modern selling
- Success Factors for professional salespeople
- Types of selling
- Personality Typing
- Myers & Briggs’ Personality Theory
- Consumer Behaviour
- Analysing Consumer Behaviour
- Influences on Consumer Behaviour
- Customer Needs Analysis
- The Six-Step Selling Process
- Questioning techniques in the selling process
- Types of Questions
- Critical Sales Questions to ask customers
- Sales Legislation
- The main provisions of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980
- Consumer Protection Act 2007
- Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014
- The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- How to answer queries effectively and maximise sales opportunities
- The importance of planning and preparation in selling
- Customer Retention
- Strategies for customer development
- Competitive Analysis
- Sales Objections
- Closing the sale
Who should complete this course?
- Existing salespeople who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification.
- Newly appointed staff members to the sales team who wish to learn the sales process in more depth.
- Salespeople in business who wish to learn best-practice techniques for working with customers.
- People who wish to gain a professional, accredited qualification in the subject matter through distance learning.
This course is assessed through a number of assignments which students must complete to demonstrate their understanding of various topics.
Skills Demonstration 50%
- Following successful completion, you will receive a QQI Level 5 component Certificate in Principles and Practice of selling (5N2062)
- QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.
Following successful completion of this level 5 QQI course, you can complete the level 6 QQI course Sales and Marketing Management 6N3613 or Business Management 6N4310.