On completion of this course you will be better equipped to understand how to use ICT in an educational environment including the use of applications in your classroom and school, leading to a more engaging and effective learning and teaching process. You will develop an ICT Plan, record pupil-centred CDs or podcasts, create school and classroom-based DVDs, and engage with graphics and digital images throughout.
Module 1 – Introduction to Web Design Using Weebly Overview
- The internet
- What is Weebly?
- Five Steps to Putting Your School Online
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Module 2 – School Computer and ICT Equipment for Curriculum Linked Activities
- ICT Component Parts
- What are all of the Buttons, Sockets and Slots for?
- Speaker Placement
- The Basic Definitions of Digital Components
- How to Connect to the Internet
- A Quick Tour of a Web Browser
- Introduction To Free Software
- What Types Of Free Software Are Available?
- Downloading And Installing Free Software
Module 3 – Review of Podcasting Basics
- Introduction to digital audio and audio editing
- Installing, configuring, and setting up
- Recording and copying audio files
- Editing your audio file and adding special effects
- Creating your first CD, Podcast or MP3 file
Module 4 – Digital Photography for the Classroom
- Introduction to digital video and video editing
- Installing, configuring and setting up
- Transferring your video to the PC
- Editing and special effects
- How to create your first DVD
- Creating a DVD case, sleeve and disk artwork
- Adding a sound track and audio effects
- Ten essential school DVD projects for the classroom
Module 5 – Creating School Videos using Free Software
- Introduction to digital photography and digital image manipulation
- Getting started – what you need and other requirements
- Understanding digital image attributes
- Working with digital images
- Advances techniques for enhancing and manipulating images
- Resizing and re-sampling image resolutions and changing file sizes
You will be required to contribute at least two meaningful and relevant forum posts for each module of the course. Furthermore, at the end of each module there is a short assignment to complete before you progress to the next module. To successfully complete the course, you are required to complete a reflective learning assignment that demonstrates your achievement of the course’s stated learning outcomes.
As part of the successful completion of all summer courses, you will be required to compile a learning record that demonstrates your attainment of the course aims and learning outcomes. The learning record may contain tasks, work samples, assignments, photographs, reflections and other artefacts that demonstrate your learning during the course.
Your Learning Record should be in electronic format and at a minimum must contain the six completed assignments and all posts to the forums. Learning records must also contain a CPD.
Phone: 076 602 5026
Post: Flúirse Education Solutions, Monavalley Business Park, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Course Duration: 20 hours
Course Fee: €69
Start Date: 1st July 2019