On completion of this course you will have acquired the tools necessary to improve the quality of your teaching of literacy in your classroom. You will have been introduced to a variety of assessment strategies to use in the area of literacy which will benefit you in relation to the planning and delivery of literacy in your classroom. You will have learned about best practices in the area of literacy and will know how to apply them to your own teaching. You will know how to act as a school lead in the implementation of improvements in the areas of reading strategies in literacy, helping EAL learners and the writing process.
- Gain an understanding of assessment in the primary school curriculum.
- Examine the continuum of assessment.
- Compare and discuss AFL and AOL.
- Explore concept mapping and how to use it in the area of writing in literacy
- Analyse the use of portfolio assessment as a method of assessment in literacy
- Examine how to set up e-portfolios through google classroom and the SeeSaw application
- Investigate the use of conferencing and teacher observation as methods of assessment in literacy
- Reflect on how to use conferencing in relation to reading and writing in the areas of literacy
- Review the use of rubrics as an assessment tool
- Examine the use of a questioning as an assessment tool with literacy
- Review the continuum of assessment and understand how all assessment methods can be used throughout all strands of literacy
- Review School Self Evaluation and its requirements
- Explore the Looking at our Schools document and learn how this course engages with that
- Reflect on how to use teacher-designed ICT tests
You will be required to contribute at least two meaningful and relevant forum posts for each module of the course. Furthermore, at the end of each module there is a short assignment to complete before you progress to the next module. To successfully complete the course, you are required to complete a reflective learning assignment that demonstrates your achievement of the course’s stated learning outcomes.
As part of the successful completion of all summer courses, participants compile a learning record that demonstrates your attainment of the course aims and learning outcomes. The learning record may contain tasks, work samples, assignments, photographs, reflections and other artefacts that demonstrate your learning during the course.
Your Learning Record should be in electronic format and at a minimum must contain the six completed assignments and all posts to the forums. Learning records must also contain a CPD certificate.
- PC or Tablet
- Speakers or Headphones
Phone: 076 602 5026
Post: Flúirse Education Solutions, Monavalley Business Park, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Course Duration: 20 hours
Course Fee: €69
Start Date: 1st July 2019
If you have not already enrolled on this course please click the following link Enroll on this course