An introduction to digital tools that will enhance your teaching, learning and assessment.
With distance learning set to remain in September this course will provide you with easy to use tools for greater engagement between you and your pupils. By participating in this course you will also develop the knowledge and skills to use them when we return to the classroom.
This course allows participants the time to explore an array of interactive tools and cross-curricular resources including:
- Book Creator
Participants will also explore the TPACK model to help with the seamless embedding of technology into a lesson. The websites, apps and resources explored in this course will be available for use on various devices and no prior technology experience is needed.
- Target Audience: Teachers who want a fit for purpose one stop shop to using technology in their classroom
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended. Do not need access to an IWB
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers. No experience of technology use required.
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 21st. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days or enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail email@example.com
Module 1 – Introduction to integrating technology into your teaching learning and assessment
- Exploring Digital Citizenship
- What is a Digital Footprint?
- Safe Search Engines
- Exploring Fake News
- Scoilnet Learning Paths
Module 2 – Numeracy
- Introduction – Linking technology to the Maths curriculum
- Maths Prodigy game
- Maths skills website
- Khan Academy
- Maths Fight
- Swift Playgrounds
- Lego WeDo
Module 3 – Literacy and Technology
- Oral Language
- Brainstorming applications for SSE
Module 4 – Assessment with Digital Technology and Integration of Digital Technology
- Assessment Continuum
- AFL and AOL
- TPACK lessons
Module 5 – The Digital Learning Framework and SSE
- Policy formation leading to the Digital Learning Framework
- Digital Learning Framework (DLF)
- National Dissemination Plan
- Breaking down the DLF – Dimensions, Domains, Standards and Statements of Practice.
- Building your own Digital Learning Plan with the SSE model
- Sample Digital Learning Plan
- Support Material and Videos
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section here or contact our Summer Course support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org