Explore the reasons for believing in the Catholic faith, the role it plays in our lives, and quality resources to bring the faith to life.
The course begins with an explanation of our reasons for believing in God and Christ, as well as how to answer common questions and objections to the faith. The role of the Catholic faith in our lives and in contemporary culture will be investigated. How to introduce and teach the core message of the Catholic faith will be explored through use of the Bible and Catechism, along with excellent, new websites and resources. Prayer and the Sacraments will be discussed as vital areas of receiving God’s grace. Possible school initiatives, School Self-Evaluation, integration of the Catholic faith into different subjects and the importance of nourishing your own faith will all be discerned in the final module.
- Target Audience: Teachers looking for an understanding the role that Catholic education plays in the formation of a child and to explore how we can help to provide a true Catholic Education for those in our schools
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 21st. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days or enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Module 1 – Why we believe in the Catholic Faith- Apologetics
- How do we know God exists?
- How the Catholic belief in God changes our life.
- How do we know Jesus existed? How do we know that Jesus resurrected and is God?
- Some misunderstandings our society has relating to the Catholic Faith.
Module 2 – The role of Catholic Education in our Culture
- What you believe about God determines your culture.
- The roots of our present crisis and how we can respond- Part I.
- The roots of our present crisis and how we can respond- Part II.
- Catholic Teaching on Relationships and Sexuality Education.
Module 3 – The Bible and the Catechism
- The Catechism.
- Introduction to the Bible.
- The Bible- Old Testament.
- The Bible- New Testament.
Module 4 – Prayer and the Sacraments
- Prayer I- Explanation of what prayer is and how we can pray.
- Prayer II- Types of prayer and how to engage in them with children.
- Sacraments I- Explanation of each of the sacraments and their importance.
- Sacraments II- Quality resources for sacramental preparation.
Module 5 – Catholic Leadership and SSE
- Developing your relationship with God.
- School Initiatives – various options for you to choose to fit your school context.
- Integration – many ideas provided for worthwhile integration of the Catholic faith.
- SSE- A comprehensive explanation of the six step SSE model.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section here or contact our Summer Course support team directly at email@example.com