Discover a wide range of assessment tools, suitable for all age levels, to enhance your children’s educational and social progress.
What do I want the children to learn? How will I track their learning? These two questions are faced by teachers every day. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to implement a variety of assessment strategies with your class. Assessment is a key area for the DES and the NCCA so this course ties in closely with the new Language Curriculum and will equip teachers with the tools and resources to deliver better outcomes in teaching and learning.
- Target Audience:Teachers who want to acquire up-to-date skills in various assessment strategies
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 21st. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days or enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail email@example.com
Module 1 – Introduction to Assessment
- Participants will examine the key concepts of assessment in primary schools, focusing on Assessment for Learning and Assessment of Learning.
- Use of relevant policy and strategy documents to denote the importance of assessment in literacy.
- Introduction to the continuum for assessment methods.
Module 2 – Portfolio Assessment
- Participants will explore the portfolio assessment method and how to incorporate this into literacy.
- Hard copy and E-Portfolios will be examined and advantages/disadvantages discussed.
- Google classroom and the SeeSaw application be viewed as platforms to set up e-portfolios.
- Instructions on how to set up an e-portfolio for a class to help with assessing writing in literacy.
Module 3 – Conferencing and Teacher Observation
- Conferencing and teacher observation as assessment tools will be examined.
- Writing rubrics for various writing traits (sentence fluency, voice, conventions, word choice and ideas) will be examined and showcased.
- A sample rubric will be showcased to show how it can be used as a tool for self and peer assessment.
- Conferencing can become an extension assessment of Self-Assessment.
- Identification that conferencing is used as one-to-one or in a very small group setting.
Module 4 – Questioning
- Participants will explore the area of questioning and how to use it in the area of oral language.
- Sample lessons using questioning will be examined in detail.
- The continuum of assessment will be reviewed and explored in some depth.
- Revise all the important information from all the course modules.
Module 5 – SSE and Teacher Designed Tests
- The SSE process requirements will be examined in detail.
- Vital areas of the Looking at Our Schools Document 2016 will be discussed and explored.
- Teacher designed tests as an assessment tool will be reviewed and the use of google forms and other online platforms will be examined.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section here or contact our Summer Course support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org