FSC2101 Effective and Engaging Classroom Presentations
*** COURSE PLACES NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE FOR SUMMER 2021 – Please consider FSC2001 Interactive Whiteboards in Everyday Teaching ***
Eager to make Classroom Presentations more creative and fun for students? Then this course is for you.
As part of the course you will learn how to create a Classroom Presentations using Impress, how to insert objects, text and how slides can be formatted. You be be shown how to use the Impress software, Impress is a free version of Microsoft PowerPoint. It is quick and easy to download. You will also learn how to insert sound clips, video clips, images and presentations and hyperlinks. By the end of the course you will be learn how to use an interactive whiteboard with impress and how to upload an impress presentation, making it available online.
- Target Audience: Teachers who want to create fun and interactive Classroom Presentations for their students
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers. Impress is a free open course version of PowerPoint. The Impress software if free and easy to download and we would recommend downloading it if you would like to fully engage on the course
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 20th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
Module 1 – Impress an Introduction
- Working with Impress
- What the initial Impress interface looks like
- View Options in Impress
- Use the SSE document Sample checklist for evaluation of literacy to design an English lesson that includes your use of Impress
Module 2 – Formatting and Organising Impress Classroom Presentations – Advanced
- How to insert various objects and text into an Impress presentation slideshow.
- How to arrange the sequence of slides in a slideshow
- How to Print a Presentation
- How slides can be formatted using Text or bulleted/numbered lists.
- Line spacing and paragraph alignment settings
- Background fills, colours, headers and footers can be applied to slides
- Use the School Self-Evaluation Sample Checklist for evaluation of numeracy and design a geography lesson using Impress to teach students concepts and skills relating to measures and data
Module 3 – Adding Multimedia to your Presentation
- Inserting a Sound Clip and run a video clip
- Add images and pictures from the web to a presentation.
- Add hyperlinks to a presentation.
- Lesson Plan: Use Impress and design a History Lesson
- Gather evidence for the School Self Evaluation Process on how you will assess children’s literacy in your classroom using the Sample Checklist for evaluation of Literacy
Module 4 – Displaying Impress Presentations on an Interactive Whiteboard or making them available online.
- What is an Interactive Whiteboard?
- Using an Interactive Whiteboard with Impress
- Using Custom Animations and Slide Transitions for Presentation Effects using Impress
- How Impress can be used to make presentations more interesting and exciting for students.
- Internet Safety – It’s importance and how to protect the pupils
- Uploading an Impress Presentation, Making it Available Online
- View and Run a Slide Show
- Lesson Plan: Design Maths lesson with Impress –
- Use the SSE Sample Checklist for evaluation of numeracy as your guide
Module 5 – Classroom Presentations Projects for the Classroom
- Ten Examples that Use Impress in Classroom Presentations
- How to create a presentation on the story of Cinderella
- Use the SSE Sample Checklist for Evaluation of Literacy to describe how you will evaluate students’ literacy skills following the lesson on Cinderella