FSC2116 Leadership and Managing Conflict and Stress
Gain a better understanding of leadership and managing conflict and stress in educational organisations and have a more complete understanding of how conflict and stress is an ever present force in any organisation.
Furthermore, the course demonstrates how conflict and stress can be appropriately managed and re-imagined for the benefit of the individual and the school community. Along the journey you will assess your conflict management style and appreciate the role of mediation and negotiation in managing conflict in your school. You will examine and analyse the causes and effect of stress on you and your school, and describe how to support yourself and others in the school community to deal with stress.
- Target Audience: Teachers looking gain key skills in leadership and the management of conflict, stress and time.
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 20th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
Module 1 – Leadership and Learning to Lead overview
- Clearly define the differences between leadership and management in education
- Be able to describe the different conceptualisations of leadership
- Explain why leadership is not necessarily the province of school management only
- Reflect on the skills required to exercise leadership and to assess their own leadership capabilities
Module 2 – Managing Conflict Part 1
- Distinguish between conflict management and conflict resolution.
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses in their style of conflict management
- Demonstrate an awareness of the link between their personal style of managing conflict and managing conflict in their school.
Module 3 – Managing Conflict Part 2
- Explain the function of conflict in groups/organisations
- Outline the role of conflict in groups
- Identify styles of managing conflict
- Identify methods and strategies for managing conflict: problem solving/negotiation – passive, smoothing approach adversarial approach – compromising – withdrawal/avoidance
- Explain the role of mediation and negotiation in managing conflict.
Apply the skills of conflict management in the school
Module 4 – Managing Stress
- Examine and analyse the causes and impact of stress in your school
- List and describe the symptoms of stress on self and others
- Explain at least one practical stress management technique
- Outline management responsibilities and action in relation to work-related stress in your school team
- Describe how to support individuals within the school community, by providing advice, mentoring or counselling.
Module 5 – Time Management Skills & Implementing and Integrating the SSE Process
- List tasks in a way that keeps them focused
- Apply Pareto’s Principle to school issues
- Prioritize tasks by understanding how to apply the Urgent/Important matrix
- Be able to set appropriate SMART goals and objectives
- Organise other people in the school community in order to better manage their own time
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?