FSC2120 Stress Management and Mindfulness
Time to de-stress? This course is designed to offer a practical approach to Mindfulness and Stress Management in today’s stressful world.
This course will develop skills and strategies that lead to higher concentration and attention levels, reduced stress and increased positivity for both pupils and teachers. The course offers a range of ideas, concepts and suggestions for practical use at home and in the classroom to facilitate the teaching of Stress Management and Mindfulness.
- Target Audience: Teachers who want to acquire skills and techniques in Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Teachers who want to acquire skills and techniques in Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended. Do not need access to an IWB
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers. Prior knowledge of mindfulness not necessary
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 20th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
Module 1 – We offer a general understanding of the SPHE themes and an awareness of Mindfulness.
- Course introduction
- What is Mindfulness?
- History of Mindfulnes
- Practicing Mindfulnes
- Benefits of mindfulnes
- Mindful Attitudes
Module 2 – We encourage participants to monitor and register personal stress levels, their cause and effect. We discuss the importance of the child’s self-esteem and identity.
- Introduction to stress
- Effects of Stress
- Solutions for stress
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Self confidence
- Building self-esteem
Module 3 – S.S.E. We assess the 6-step process for SSE, and outline LAOS guidelines.
- Introduction to SSE
- The 6-step process
- School video of SSE and LAOS
- SSE in SPHE
Module 4 – Problem solving & Goal Setting. Participants will learn skills, strategies and techniques for personal and professional use.
- History & Purpose of Goal setting
- Goal setting process
- Effective communication skills
- Passive communication
- Aggressive behaviour
- Assertive communication
Module 5 – Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution. We examine the range of communication and anti-bullying skills on offer, and their significance for primary children.
- Introduction to conflict resolution
- Effective techniques
- Conflict in Schools
- Tips to prevent bullying
- Kidpower skills
- Resources for classroom use
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section here or contact our Summer Course support team directly at [email protected]