FSC2148 Athletic Development of Young People & Practical PE Ideas for Teachers
Improve and develop your PE teaching with a collection of Practical PE Ideas for Teachers for the Athletic Development of Young People around the PE curriculum and teaching.
This course aims to improve and develop the teaching and learning of Physical Education among teachers and students in schools by:
- Providing participants with a collection of practical resources and ideas around the PE curriculum and the teaching of the PE curriculum.
- Empowering participants to implement these ideas in their own school environments;
- Developing the leadership skills of participants by encouraging them to share their learning with colleagues.
- Making participants aware of international and national initiatives around physical education, physical development, combating obesity and inactivity to assist them in planning their PE lessons.
- Illustrating how schools can utilise the SSE process to improve their Physical Education teaching and learning practices;
- Developing an understanding among participants of the continued degeneration of physical activity among all populations, heightening the need for a meaningful, structured and diverse Physical Education programme throughout schools.
- Target Audience: Teachers wishing to improve and develop their teaching of PE.
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 1st – August 20th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
- Become awre of the course’s main aims, outline and what is involved in the course and what is expected of them.
- Develop an understanding for what the course is about, what structure is followed and what is expected from them while they engage and on completion of the course.
- Understand how physical activity has been measured nationally and internationally over recent times and what the implications of these studies mean for teachers.
- Understand the reasons for the changes in physical activity among the children and the general population in recent times.
- Become aware of a number of national and international studies looking into the causes and effects of the changes in physical activity.
- Understand what is meant by play and how play develops over time.
- Understand the different forms of play and how they may be incorporated into the school setting.
- Learn about the benefits and progressions of play.
- Learn about the positive benefits of structured, semi structured and unstructured play and how it could be incorporated into the school setting in Physical Education lessons and general play.
- Learn, access and engage with practical ideas of how play: structured, semi structured and unstructured; could be incorporated into the school setting to improve the health and wellbeing of the students and to improve their
- Understand in a general sense progressions and physical milestones children attain and develop over times.
- Learn and identify what the rudimentary movements and physical skills are and how they influence and affect further athletic development.
- Develop an understanding for the benefits of incorporating the use of rudimentary movements into PE and other activities for athletic development.
- Learn, access and view a number of rudimentary movement patters being demonstrated and performed.
- Learn how to incorporate rudimentary movement patterns into games that could be used in the PE or other school settings
- Understand the link and progressions from rudimentary movement patterns to fundamental movement skills and patters.
- Learn and identify what the fundamental movement patterns and physical skills are and how the influence and affect further athletic development.
- Develop an understanding for the benefits of incorporating the use of fundamental movements and skills into PE and other activities for athletic development.
- Learn, access and view a number of fundamental movement patters being demonstrated and performed.
- Learn how to incorporate movement patterns into games that could be used in the PE or other school settings.
- Understand what is meant by the term resistance training and what resistance training comprises of.
- Understand the many and varied benefits for resistance training for all the population.
- Understand some common misconceptions around resistance training for particular members of the population.
- Learn about the benefits of resistance training for younger people.
- Learn about the guidelines which should be incorporated for doing strength training with younger people.
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?