FSC2205 Web Design for Schools – Optimising Teaching and Learning
On completion of this Online Teacher Course, you will understand the techniques involved in Web Design for Schools, including creating, editing and manipulating a school or class website.
You will also know how a website can be used in the classroom to engage children in learning and encourage whole class participation. As part of the course, you will search and source resources to be used in the creation of a school and/or a class website for use in cross-curricular teaching and develop lesson plans to integrate the website into the classroom and everyday teaching. There will also be an introduction to photography, images and video in the delivery of the curriculum.
- Target Audience: Teachers looking to gain skills on how to create, edit, insert images/videos on a school or class website.
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers. The WordPress software is required if you are starting a website from scratch. WordPress is free and easy to download.
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 4th- August 19th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
Module 1 – Introduction to Web Design in an Education Setting
- Introduction to Web Design in an Education Context
- What Is WordPress?
- Five Steps to Putting Your School Online
Module 2 – Getting Started on Your School Website
- Domain Name Registration
- Installing a WordPress Theme
- Editing Your Website
Module 3 – Adding and Formatting Content
- Adding Extra Content
- Adding Images
- Using Backgrounds and Colour
- Adding a Menu Bar and Creating Page Links
Module 4 – Going Live
- Going Live
- Testing Your Website
- Extra WordPress Video Tutorials
Module 5 – Digital Learning and applying the SSE Process to literacy
- Optimising Your Website
- CSS, W3C, and Educational Apps
- Useful Resources and the Development of a Digital Learning Plan
- Literacy Development and the SSE process – Pupil Progress
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?
- Please review our Frequently Asked Questions section here or contact our Summer Course support team directly at [email protected]