FSC2249 Effective Assessment in Primary Classroom with Google Classroom
Unlocking the full potential of Google Classroom for assessment in your classroom.
This hybrid course merges the NCCA Continuum of Assessment with the virtual learning platform Google Classroom to help you effectively assess your pupils’ learning and capture their development and progression throughout the school year.
Participating in this clear and informative course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to use Google Classroom:
- confidently in classroom,
- to save time and
- to support pupils with their homework.
Unlock the potential of Google Classroom by improving your assessment methods through engaging with this course.
Furthermore, each module will consider a method of Assessment that you currently use in your classroom and how a digital portfolio will help you use these methods more effectively in capturing the learning of your pupils.
This course is suitable for beginners and teachers who have experience already using Google Classroom.
- Target Audience: Teachers who want to improve their use of Google Classroom in the classroom or teachers who want to find out more about Assessment and Seesaw.
- Equipment Required: All our courses are accessible through PC, Laptop, iPad, Tablet and Mobile devices. Internet access required with broadband speeds recommended. Do not need access to an IWB.
- Prerequisites or Requirements: Suitable for all primary school teachers. No experience of technology use required. Prior use or access to Google Classroom is not necessary.
- Duration: All Flúirse Online Teacher Summer Courses are available from July 4th – August 19th. Each course requires approximately 20 hours of training and engagement
- Course Fee: €69 (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle for €89 or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle for €99)
- EPV Days: This course is worth 3 EPV days (also available as part of a 2 course 4-EPV Day bundle or 3 Course 5-EPV Day bundle)
- Support: Our team are available to support you throughout your training by phone, email, online chat, course forums and social media
- Our Guarantee: No risk guarantee, if your not happy with your course for any reason within 21 days of enrollment we will issue you a full refund
- Questions/ More Information: Call us now on 066 712 9828 or e-mail [email protected]
Module 1 Introduction to Assessment
- Assessment Continuum
- AFL and AOL
- Purpose and components of Assessment
- Digital Portfolios
- Introduction to the SSE process
Module 2 Google Classroom and Portfolio Assessment
- Assessment Method 1: Portfolio Assessment
- Digital Portfolios
- What is Google Workspace for Education?
- Getting Started with Google Workspace for Education
- What is Google Classroom?
- Establishing a class on Google Classroom
- Assigning Activities to your class/pupils
- Premium Google Workspace for Education
- SSE: Steps 1&2
Module 3 Self-Assessment and Conferencing
- Benefits of Assessment for Learning
- Assessment Method 2: Self-Assessment
- Rubrics and Checklists
- Developing a Rubric
- Self-Assessment with Google Classroom
- Assessment Method 3: Conferencing
- Building Conferencing from Self-Assessment
- Conferencing with Google Classroom
- SSE: Steps 3&4
Module 4 Teacher Designed tasks/tests and Digital Citizenship
- Assessment Method 4: Teacher-designed Tasks and Tests
- Using Quizziz/Kahoot in Google Classroom
- Self Correcting Google Forms Quiz
- Explore digital citizenship through videos
- What is a Digital Footprint?
- Safe search engines
- Exploring fake news websites
- SSE: Steps 5&6
Module 5 Questioning, Concept-Mapping and the Digital Learning Framework
- Assessment Method 5: Questioning
- Assessment Method 6: Concept-Mapping
- Why Use Concept-Maps?
- Types of Concept-Maps
- Using Concept-Maps in the Classroom
- Concept Mapping and Google Classroom
- SSE and the Digital Learning Framework
FURTHER QUESTIONS OR MORE INFORMATION?