Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Fluirse Ltd’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Fluirse Ltd’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fluirse Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Fluirse Ltd’s web site are provided “as is”. Fluirse Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fluirse Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Fluirse Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Fluirse Ltd’s Internet site, even if Fluirse Ltd or a Fluirse Ltd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Fluirse Ltd’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fluirse Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Fluirse Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Fluirse Ltd does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Fluirse Ltd has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fluirse Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Fluirse Ltd’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Online Teacher Summer Courses
Flúirse’s summer course programme forms an integral part of primary teachers’ continuous professional development (CPD) in Ireland. The primary purpose of the summer course programme is to advance the teaching, learning and/or management skills of teachers in order to bring about improved learning outcomes for pupils.
The following conditions have been outlined and sanctioned by the Department of Education and Skills (DES) and agreed by ALL online providers of Teacher Summer Courses.
In order to participate in an online summer course, you will need to comply with these conditions. Please note the following carefully. If you are not satisfied with any of these criteria or have a question, please contact the Flúirse Summer Course team on 076 6025026 or via the contact forum on our Contact Us page.
You must register for your summer course using your FULL NAME (your name as registered with the Teaching Council). Impersonation is a breach of your terms of service.
Each course on the Flúirse Summer Course programme has clearly stipulated requirements for successful completion:
You are required to make a minimum of two meaningful and appropriate contributions to the forums at the end of each module throughout the course
To successfully complete each module, you are required to complete a minimum of one assignment (usually a set of Multiple Choice Questions – MCQs) that demonstrates your achievement of that module’s stated learning outcomes. Your progression from module to module is contingent on the successful completion of these assignments
To successfully complete the course, you are required to complete a reflective learning assignment that demonstrates your achievement of the courses stated learning outcomes
You are required to spend a minimum of twenty hours studying your course, at least ten of which must be online, with a maximum of ten self-verified hours allowable for other learning activities
You are required to use your full name and not a pseudonym or nick name when participating in the course forums. This information will not be shared with anybody apart from the other course participants, Flúirse staff and course facilitators employed by Flúirse Limited
The course facilitator will review all submissions and you may be asked to resubmit if your submissions or contributions do not meet the stated requirements
Plagiarism is not acceptable. Flúirse’s course facilitators will select, at random, submissions for cross referencing with various online and offline resources to ensure any evidence of plagiarism is highlighted
You will have access to an electronic Learning Record of your learning within your “Profile”, comprising:
Your six assignments (one for each of the five modules, and a link to your End of Course reflective learning assignment
Your forum contributions – at least two per module
- Course time record: You will also have access to a record of your logged time on the course, verifying that you have completed a minimum of ten hours of learning online and the maximum of ten self-verified hours allowable for other learning activities. (The online time-record will update at least every two to three hours)
At the end of your course, you are required to review your Learning Record, confirming the accuracy of the information provided and that the work submitted is ”your best effort”. Please remember that impersonation is a breach of your terms of service
On completion of your course, you are required to complete an evaluation form
IMPORTANT: You must have successfully completed one course before you start another, i.e. courses must be completed consecutively rather than concurrently.
Note: Certificates will contain a record of the day on which you commenced the course and also the date on which you completed the course (DES 2019)
Flúirse is dedicated to providing the highest standard of service and an optimum learning environment to teachers. If for any reason, you are not satisfied with the above points or feel you are unable to adhere to any of these criteria, Flúirse can provide you with a full refund of your course fees.
10. Online Teacher Summer Courses Fees
Flúirse offer a 21 day no quibble money back guarantee up to 23rd August 2019. This guarantee is available to any teacher that does not log-in to our online training system within 21 days of purchasing one or more courses. The guarantee does not apply after the 23rd of August 2019. Please note that partial refunds are not available where (for example) only one our two courses from a bundle of three are attempted or completed.