Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Fluirse Ltd’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Fluirse Ltd’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Fluirse Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Fluirse Ltd’s web site are provided “as is”. Fluirse Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Fluirse Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Fluirse Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Fluirse Ltd’s Internet site, even if Fluirse Ltd or a Fluirse Ltd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Fluirse Ltd’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Fluirse Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Fluirse Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Fluirse Ltd does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Fluirse Ltd has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Fluirse Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Fluirse Ltd’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ireland without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9. Online Teacher Summer Courses
Flúirse’s summer course programme forms an integral part of primary teachers’ continuous professional development (CPD) in Ireland.
The primary purpose of the summer course programme is to advance the teaching, learning and / or management skills of teachers in order to bring about improved learning outcomes for pupils.
The following conditions have been outlined and sanctioned by the Department of Education and Skills (DES) and agreed by ALL online providers of Teacher Summer Courses. In order to participate in an online summer course, you will need to comply with these conditions.
Please note the following carefully. If you are not satisfied with any of these criteria or have a question, please contact the Flúirse Summer Course team at 066 7129828 or at [email protected]
- You must register for your summer course using your FULL NAME (your name as registered with the Teaching Council). Impersonation is a breach of your terms of service.
- You can only train on once course at a time. You MUST NOT commence a second course until you have completed your first or previous course.
- Each course on the Flúirse Summer Course programme has clearly stipulated requirements for successful completion:
- You are required to make a minimum of two meaningful and appropriate contributions to the course forums at the end of each module throughout the course. Each course may have nuanced requirements, but you will be notified of the exact nature of these at the beginning of each course
- To successfully complete each module, you are required to complete a minimum of one assignment (generally a series of multiple-choice questions – MCQs) that demonstrates your achievement of that module’s stated learning outcomes Your progression from module to module is contingent on the successful completion of these assignments.
- To successfully complete the course, you are required to complete an End of Course reflective learning assignment that demonstrates your achievement of the courses stated learning outcomes.
- Your course will be approximately 20 hours in duration, and you are required to spend at least ten hours online, with a maximum of ten self-verified hours allowable for other learning activities
- You are required to use your full name and not a pseudo or nick name when participating in the course forums. This information will not be shared with third parties outside of the other course participants, and the staff and course facilitators employed by Flúirse Limited.
- The course facilitator will review all submissions and you may be asked to resubmit if your submissions or contributions do not meet the stated requirements.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Flúirse’s course facilitators will select, at random, submissions for cross referencing with various online and offline resources to detect any evidence of plagiarism
- You will be enabled to create an electronic Learning Record of your learning, comprising, at a minimum:
- Course time record: Website logs showing the amount of logged time on the course, along with your offline time
- Your six assignments (one for each module (MCQs) and the End of Course reflective learning assignment)
- Your forum postings – at least two per module
(The Learning Record may also contain any meaningful and relevant reflections you may have on the course material)
- At the end of your course, you will be required to sign-off on your Learning Record, confirming the accuracy of the records provided and that the work submitted is your best effort. Please remember that impersonation is a breach of your terms of service
- On completion of your course, you are required to complete an evaluation form.
Flúirse provides the highest standard of service and an optimum learning environment to teachers. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the above points or feel you are unable to adhere to any of these criteria, Flúirse can provide you with a full refund of your course fees.
10. Online Teacher Summer Courses Fees
Flúirse offer a 21 day no quibble money back guarantee up to 20th August 2021. This guarantee is available to any teacher that does not log-in to our online training system within 21 days of purchasing one or more courses. The guarantee does not apply after the 20th of August 2021. Please note that partial refunds are not available where (for example) only one or two courses from a bundle of three are attempted or completed.